The Hallowed Ground Lantern Tour takes you on a 60-minute guided, lantern-lit walk through the wooded battlefield trails, where real characters from New Bern’s Civil War past will share their inspiring stories, followed by tales and music about the Underground Railroad in the tent. This reservation is for Thursday, March 23 at the arrival time you choose below. Cost is $20 for general public; $16 for Historical Society members/active-duty military & their families/and students under 23, plus NC sales tax.
Paper tickets are not issued for this event. Simply check in at Battlefield Park with your receipt (printed or on smart phone).
- Wear sturdy walking shoes and dress for outdoor weather!
- Ungroomed trails are wood chip and marl with minor inclines.
- Tour is not suitable to those with mobility issues or children under 7.
- Parking is limited. Overflow parking is at Taberna Country Club; you will be shuttled to Battlefield Park for the tour.
- Rain or shine event. Tickets are nonrefundable.