Please help support our mission!
The New Bern Historical Society has been a responsible steward of New Bern's story for nearly 100 years. A registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, the NBHS relies upon its members and the generosity of individuals, businesses, and foundations to provide needed support for our programs and operations. Please join us in preserving and sharing New Bern's rich past by making a contribution today.
Founded in 1923, the New Bern Historical Society (NBHS) has been celebrating local history through:
- Creative and entertaining storytelling programs that bring history to life
- Educational programs that promote a better understanding of our history and the people who make it
- Thoughtful stewardship of historic properties including New Bern Battlefield Park, site of the 1862 first Battle of New Bern, and the circa-1834 Attmore-Oliver House.
- Collecting and preserving artifacts and documents important to our region
- Publishing scholarship that explores our past
How to Give
NBHS accepts gifts by check, credit card and through PayPal; in the form of securities, and life insurance; as bequests and from qualified retirement plans. Donors may also make a tribute or memorial gift to honor a special person or event. Please note that many companies match charitable gifts made by current employees and retirees; an appropriate form from the employer should accompany a qualifying donor's gift.
Some methods of giving to the Historical Society may have significant estate planning and tax benefits for the donor. A Historical Society representative, along with your financial and legal advisor, can help structure a gift in the manner most appropriate for your individual or family circumstances. All gifts to the New Bern Historical Society are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
For more information please call us at 252.638.8558 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All donations made online will be directed to the NBHS's general operating fund unless otherwise noted.
Show your support of New Bern's historical legacy and Donate online today! Thank you!