Stay tuned for “GHOSTWALK 2017”
October 26 – 28, 2017!
A self-guided event in Historic Downtown New Bern
What is Ghostwalk? Ghostwalk FAQs:
Ghostwalk is a family-friendly event that combines historic stories, talented local actors, a look at historic sites not normally open to the public, and a fun-filled, creative environment. It is NOT another haunted house!
Ghostwalk is a self-guided tour that allows guests to step into New Bern’s past. This year you will meet many of the colorful and quirky characters who lived here throughout the centuries and continue to haunt our fair city. As night falls in New Bern’s Historic District October 27-29 these ghostly characters will reappear, so be on the lookout! Your ticket contains your map with 19 ghost sites and 5 food sites for you to enjoy in any order you like.
Meet spirits at 19 different historic ghost haunts including homes, churches, and theatres. Enjoy the ghostly actors who will share their spirited stories in the very locations that their characters lived and visited. This year all of the ghosts sites except the cemetery and Tryon Palace are indoor sites.
At Cedar Grove Cemetery, candlelight will lead you on oyster shell paths as historic figures emerge from shadows to tell you their stories.
Enjoy a historically and hysterically funny skit at the Attmore-Oliver House, home of the New Bern Historical Society. Buy home-baked treats at our Veri-Good Bakery on the Attmore-Oliver House grounds.
Delight in special Ghostwalk entertainment in the Historic Athens and Masonic Theatres presented by our partners from the New Bern Civic Theatre and RiverTowne Players.
Enjoy a meal or snack at one of our five partner churches.
Your ticket is good for all three nights but Thursday offers limited hauntings (see below). Please read your ticket closely to see what is open on which days and for show times.
A look at last year’s Ghostwalk…..
October 27-29, 2016
26th Annual Historical Event
A self-guided event in Historic Downtown
Click on the thumbnails below to see the Ghostwalk 2016 brochure to see ticket prices & outlets:
Ghostwalk tickets are good for all 3 nights (see below):
Thursday, October 27, 2016
6:30-9:30 pm — limited hauntings:
- Cedar Grove Cemetery
- Athens Theatre (New Bern Civic Theatre)
- Masonic Theatre (RiverTowne Repertory Players)
- Attmore-Oliver House (for kids of all ages). Watch a fun-filled historic skit and stop by the Veri-Good Bakery for home-baked goodies!
Friday & Saturday, Oct 28-29, 2016
5:30-9:30 pm — hauntings everywhere! This year we will have 19 Ghostly Haunts throughout the Downtown Historic District. Note that with the exception of the cemetery and Tryon Palace, all ghost sites are INDOOR this year!
- Broad Street Christian Church, 802 Broad St.
- Tryon Palace Front Gate, Pollock St.
- John Curtis Bagg House, 609 Broad St.
- Ulysses S. Mace House, 518 Broad St.
- Henderson-Dunn-Birdsong House, 622 New St.
- Etta Ulrich Boarding House, 515 Metcalf St.
- St. Cyprians Episcopal Church, 604 Johnson St
- King Solomon’s Lodge, Queen & Howard Sts.
- Rhone Hotel, 512 Queen St.
- New Bern Central Fire Station, 402 Broad St.
- Isaac Taylor House, 228 Craven St.
- Burrus Simmons House, 417 E. Front St.
- Mitchell-Stevenson House, 211 Johnson St
- (The Second) Dr. Wm Hand Sr. House, 216 Johnson St.
- Cedar Grove Cemetery with five separate ghost vignettes
- Athens Theatre (New Bern Civic Theatre) featuring Mary Poppins and Thriller
- Masonic Theatre (RiverTowne Repertory Players) featuring James and the Giant Peach, Jr.
- Attmore-Oliver House featuring Ham Radio
Food and Drink sites open Friday and Saturday (consult your ticket/brochure for times, menus, and prices):
- Broad Street Christian Church
- St Peter’s AME Zion Church
- St Cyprian’s Epicopal Church
- Centenery United Methodist Church
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Old St. Paul Roman Catholic Church
Ghostwalk 2016 is seeking VOLUNTEERS for Ghostly Greeters, Ticket sales, Guides, Historic Homes Docents, Bakers, and much more! Must be prepared to work hard and have fun. Call 638-8558 for more information.