- Thursday, October 26: Morgan’s Ghostwalk Fundraiser. Dine at Morgan’s and a portion of their proceeds from the entire day go to the Historical Society.
- Thursday thru Saturday, October 26-28: Ghostwalk 2017, “Heroes & Hooligans; They Walk Among Us! ” Our signature event and largest annual fundraiser.
- Sunday, November 12: Annual Richard K. Lore Lecture, Jim Bunch, “Recovering the M-4 Enigma Machine, An Oral History,” 2 pm at the Cullman Auditorium, NC History Center; reception following.
- Thursday, November 2: Workshop, How to Build a Gingerbread House. 7 pm at Orringer Hall, room 129, Craven Community College.
- Friday, November 17: Beary Merry Christmas Gingerbread House Contest & Display — contest entry deadline.
- Saturday, November 25: Gingerbread House Contest winners announced at Beary Merry Christmas Light Up the Season.
- January 10, 2018: Lunch & Learn, Kathy Adolph & Tony Salem: “Evolution of the Pollock Street Corridor into Downtown New Bern, 1900s to Present,” 11:30 am – 1 pm at The Chelsea Restaurant.
- Fat Tuesday, February 13, 2018: NBHS Mardi Gras Friendraiser. Members only. 6-8 pm at the Wm. B. Blades House, 602 Middle Street.
- Saturday, March 3, 2018: Attic, Basement, Closet (ABC) Indoor Yard Sale Fundraiser. 7:30-11:30 am at the Knights of Columbus.
- Sunday, May 6, 2018: Spring Volunteer Social, 2-4 pm on back lawn of Attmore-Oliver House.
- Thursday, May 17, 2018: Annual Banquet & Membership Meeting, 6-8:30 pm at the New Bern Golf and Country Club.
Partner Organization Events:
- Fridays thru Sundays, Face to Face: Civil War Sketches and Stories, an exhibit at the New Bern Academy Museum owned by Tryon Palace, 12:30pm-4:30pm