When visiting New Bern and neighboring communities, other historic sites you might want to visit include:
- Tryon Palace in New Bern;
- New Bern Firemen’s Museum in New Bern;
- Cedar Grove Cemetery in New Bern;
- Greenwood Cemetery in New Bern;
- National Cemetery in New Bern;
- Crockett-Miller Slave Quarters in James City:
- Beaufort Historic Site in Beaufort; and,
- Fort Macon in Atlantic Beach.
The New Bern Historical Society is one local source for information. Other great research resources iinclude:
- The Kellenberger Room of the New Bern – Craven County Public Library;
- The Family History Society of Eastern North Carolina;
- The Trail of Flames;
- The Pamlico County Historical Association; and,
- The History Place, Carteret County Historical Society’s Museum and Research Library.